Well we got back on Friday night instead of Saturday. We decided to surprise my mom and not tell her we were coming home early. We stopped and got her a Frappucino, made a sign and put the baby on the front porch. I then called my mom to make sure that she was home and we rang the doorbell and ran. When she opened the door she saw the Squiggler, her frappucino and the sign. It was hilarious and we couldn't stop laughing. This is the first time in 7 years that my mom hasn't gone with us on vacation. I know she missed us even if she won't admit it!
We went to Yosemite for two days of our vacation! We went to Yosemite Valley, Half Dome, Ahwanee hotel and Wawona on the first day. The second day we did Mariposa Grove and Glacier Point! Glacier Point was just ...WOW!!! I had never been there and it just took our breath away. I'm so glad that my children have a father that wants them to see so many wonderful places and I think the two older ones are at an age that they will remember and appreciate it. Little Squiggler has no idea, but we have pictures to prove that she was there!!!
We actually spent the week at a Time Share in Bass Lake and we walked around the little town, visited other little towns, but overall the best time of our vacation was just spending time together as a family!!! We woke up late and hung out together in the big king size bed we had! It was so nice to just be us 5 and not have to worry about work or anything else! It was just us and it was GREAT! We didn't even have internet access so it really was just us hanging out with each other! We ate at some great places! Bravo Farms Cheese Factory, The Crab Shack, The Pizza Factory, Happy Burger and The Mountain House. Highly recommend theses places and if you are ever in Oakhurst, Mariposa or Bass Lake we can hook you up to great places to eat!Yosemite was beautiful! Breathtaking! Words cannot do it justice. I had been there about 30 years ago, but my DH had not. He was driving and I swear when we turned a corner and saw this.... he almost drove off the cliff. There is a reason they have barriers there!

No comments:
Post a Comment