I knew this week was going to be crazy, but I really had no idea that the Squiggler and I were going to get sick this week too! On Monday one of the cute little boys in my class sneezed on me. Now granted he didn't mean to and he is only 5, but as soon as he did, I knew I was going to get sick and I did! By 1pm I could feel the cold coming on and I had hoped to spare the Squiggler. I think we would have been okay, but she got her 6 month check up Wednesday and she got 4 shots and an oral vaccine. Poor baby! :(
She went to see her doctor at the new Kaiser facility near our house. (It was so brand new and shiny!) She is doing great and weighs 16lbs. 13oz. and she is 27 inches long. She is our thinnest baby at 6 months but our longest. She is going to be tall like her aunt Princess and sister Weegie. She was all smiles at the doctors too, talking and showing off her new rolling skills. She learned to roll this week and fell off grandma's bed on Tuesday. Anyhow the nurse gave her the four shots really quickly, she was good, and the Squiggler just looked at me like "How could you let them do that to me mommy?" and then she let out this cry and it broke my heart! I had taken the day off and spent the rest of the day just playing and having fun with her. She ended up taking a two hour nap and then she was all smiles again!
On Thursday she started to get a little bit of a runny nose and I could tell the sparkle was not in her eyes! By that evening you could tell she was having trouble with her nose and her breathing was a little funny. She was suppose to go to work with me on Friday, all day, because Grandma had to go out of town. My principal had okayed it and I had packed all her stuff in the car the night before. At 4am in the morning my husband woke me, now granted I am still sick too, and told me that he was calling in sick to work because he didn't want the baby to have to go to work with me. What a good daddy!! You have no idea how that made my heart feel that he was willing to stay home to take care of our baby! It was the last day of school and I knew that I had to go in to say goodbye to my little ones! By the time I got home the Squiggler was feeling better and you could see that her sparkle was back! My husband really is the best!
Speaking of my little ones, yesterday we had our end of the year celebration. It was definitely one of the best celebrations I had ever had with my kinders. Almost all the students except for 2 had someone there to represent them, the students sang so wonderful and the play we performed was really good too! During my thank you speech I started to cry because I realized how much I was going to miss this class. These kids were just fabulous and I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of kids! The moms started crying too! We had a great potluck afterwards and all the parents stayed and took pictures and ate! Today we had another party too! What a great group of parents and kids! Next year will be an exciting year too, but I will miss these little ones!
Weegie my oldest daughter will be going to 8th grade next year and the Speedy Cheetah will be a 5th grader. That means two graduations next year! WOW!! My babies are growing up! It happens so fast!! Both girls pulled off perfect report cards and we ARE SO PROUD OF THEM!

hope you are enjoying your summer!!!!!
ReplyDelete