Sunday, December 16, 2012

My Heart is Hurting!

My heart was broken on Friday, December 14, 2012! I couldn't even imagine! These are my kids and I would do anything for them! I can't imagine anyone wanting to hurt them. They are the sweetest, most loving, brightest, energetic class! On Friday, I heard the news at lunchtime. I didn't dare let them know, but it was hard to keep my composure as I looked into their beautiful faces. It was the last day before we were off for 3 weeks, and we had a lot to do! I gave them their presents and they were so sweet and appreciative. One little boy came up and hugged me and said, "Thank you teacher for the presents." and then the rest of the class came up and we had a big group hug! I told them to be safe and to listen to their moms and dads during vacation. I'm kind of glad we don't have school tomorrow because it would be hard to answer their questions. I once had something terrible happen to my class, but nothing like this! I really just can't imagine and my thoughts and prayers go to Sandy Hook! The teachers, the students, the victims, the families, the community, the town, and to anybody that is hurting!


Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38,
When 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
They were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"This is heaven." declared a small boy. "We're spending Christmas at God's house."
When what to their wondering eyes did appear,
But Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
Then He opened His arms and He called them by name,
And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring.
Those children all flew into the arms of their King,
And as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
One small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
And as if He could read all the questions she had,
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of Mom and Dad."
Then He looked down on earth, the world far below,
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe.
Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"May this country be delivered from the hands of fools."
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
Then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"Come now my children, let me show you around."
Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA



1 comment: