Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday was Monday and I decided to celebrate it at the Happiest Place on Earth. For 2009 they were giving free admission on your birthday and I decided to take advantage of it with my darling Squiggler. (She was free too!) I was a little nervous and first and explained to my two other girls why I wasn't taking them and they understood. (No extra $ after the holidays.) So I ventured out and arrived at Disney at around 8:30 am. We got a great parking space and walked to the park. We had our picture taken right away at the C with Mickey and C for Squiggler's name. Some nice people took the picture for me, but cut off part of the C. Oh well!
As luck would have it, my good friend, Mrs. Pooh was going to be at Disney on that day too and so we met up with her. We got into the park with no problem and they gave me a special pin that said "Happy Birthday". Wow that pin gets you lots of attention! I got sung to 3 times in the first 30 minutes of being in the park. For the rest of the day, everyone was so nice and kept telling me Happy Birthday! We got a silhouette of the Squiggler done right away and then headed to Small World. The Squiggler loved it!! She could not get enough of it and kept swaying her head to the music. We got to sit in the front because it was my birthday and then they gave the Squiggler a pin that said "1st Visit."

We then decide to go to Toon Town and see Mickey. Well with all the excitement the Squiggler fell asleep and so this is what our Mickey pix looks like. I love it!
We then had a great lunch thanks to my wonderful friend Mrs. Pooh and ate at the Carnation Cafe. We stayed to watch the Christmas Parade and Squiggler loved that too! I think she overall really loved Disney and I know she won't remember her 1st visit, but I will. We left the park at around 5 pm and came home to a lovely dinner with my girls and honey. The girls made me a cake and it was so scrumptious! My birthday falls between Christmas and New Years and usually gets lost. This was the 2nd most favorite birthday of my life! (The first being in 1996 when I married my husband in the church and had a church wedding.) Last year I had a "big" birthday, but since I had just had a baby there was no way to celebrate it. This year totally made up for that and it was pretty economical too. Thanks again Mrs. Pooh for a marvelous time. You gave me a present I will never forget! Also thanks to my hubby for letting me go and not trying to talk me out of this crazy idea!












1 comment:

  1. Woooohoooo! So glad the weather cooperated and you got to go! What a special memory for you and the Squiggler!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete