Weegie had her 8th grade Pin and Ribbon ceremony at school today. For the last month she has been saying she wanted me to go, so I took a day off from work. The night before she says that she doesn't think parents are invited. I was a little upset, but decided to go anyway since I already had the sub. I'm glad I went, there was soooo many parents there. They have the biggest graduating class, about 400 kids, and so they did not give them the pin and ribbon individually and handed them out as a homeroom. After the ceremony the kids had a special breakfast of bagels, and "real" cereal instead of district food. The kids were all dressed up and looked really nice. Weegie said she was nervous in the morning, but I think she had a great time. I took her and some of her friends to the mall afterwards, and they saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D and had dinner. I think she had a fun day with memories she'll always remember of her middle school days. I can't believe how fast she is growing!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

Is this like graduation? We have a ceremony at the high school during the last week of school, but this sounds like a really fun day.
ReplyDeleterinda