
Two years ago today I woke up from a dream that told me I was pregnant. I have always been in tune with my dreams and often they speak to me. I jumped out of bed and luckily had a pregnancy test in the house. I took the test and put it down so that I could wait the time, I remember turning around to get my toothbrush and when I turned back around, it was already blinking at me! I was in shock!!!!! I couldn't believe that I was pregnant! I had wanted another baby ever since my Speedy Cheetah was about 2 because I wanted more children. I am an only child and 2 was just too close to 1 for me. My husband comes from a big family and he would have been just fine with 1. Well I wasn't exactly trying to get pregnant, but had been watching my body for the last couple of months to see when I thought I was ovulating and we could do the baby dance. I knew that if I didn't get pregnant by the time I hit the big 4-0 then I wasn't going to have anymore children. Well I guess it worked and the result is now sleeping in my bed. I love all my children so much, but I feel like Squiggler was an extra special gift from above! Since I know the story of how she came to be, I also know that she was concieved on St. Joseph's Day (March 19th) and she was born on St. Nicholas' Day (December 6th). I also can still hear the voice telling me that I was pregnant! I truly believe that it was a messenger from God telling me that I was going to be a mommy again. I also remember that I went to church on March 20th because of Holy Thursday's mass and praying to God that if it was meant for me to have another child then he would see to it that I did, but it wasn't up to me, it was up to him. Somewhere I had seen a quote that said, "Let go, Let God!" and that really made me realize that no matter how I try to control my own destiny, I really have to let God just lead me and I have to follow. Now most people wouldn't be interested in this story and I have never ever even told anyone, but today I feel the need to write it down and to thank God! I truly am so blessed!

Love that story! You had said you were going to reveal why St. Joseph is one of your favorite saints, and now we know!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend! Our kids are starting break today, and, even though my school is still in session, it will be nice to sleep in and not have to supevise homework.
Love ya,
Rinda