Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Day at the Beach

Yesterday we took Squiggler to the beach for the first time and she loved it! We thought that she wouldn't like the sand or how the water rushes in and out, but nope she is a water baby.
My honey, Weegie, Squiggler and I went to spend a couple of nights at my bil's house and he and his family joined us. I forgot to take any pictures of them, but I did get a couple of my little niece. She is so cute and sang songs for us. LOL! She reminds me of Speedy Cheetah.

Speedy Cheetah didn't go with us because she didn't want to miss swimming class. She had a test on Thursday and would find out the results on Friday. She passed and now gets to go to the pool for the remaining summer for free. She was so excited. She has passed all the swimming classes that they offer. That girl has always been a fish, learning to swim before she was 3, she loves the water.
My honey loves this picture and wants me to post it to his facebook. I love it too! Squiggler was not afraid and kept pulling us back to the water. My honey was telling us stories of how when he was younger he spent all his time at this beach. They would ride the bus down there for a quarter. My bil remembers going too, he must have been little!

I love Squiggler's smile in this picture! She is such a happy baby and this is her natural smile. (Not one of those staged ones that she sometimes gives me.) She actually turned 20 months yesterday, but that post is for tomorrow.
Here's my beautiful niece. She drove down with us and quickly made friends with two other girls about her age. I was so worried about her in the water because she does not swim yet. It was funny to hear her and the other girls talking, they were talking about how they thought they saw a shark. They were so funny!
Speedy loved harrassing her sister while she was trying to get a tan. My older girls are so good with her. My daughter looks good in a bikini. I NEVER wore a bikini ever!! LOL! I am so glad she has good self confidence.
My sil did take this decent picture of me so I included it in the blog. My other sil challenged to write a haiku about a picture. I didn't pick a picture, but picked the memory of the day. It was the perfect beach weather and just the perfect day. I don't really like the beach anymore, I use to go all the time as a child, but I had so much fun just being there with my family. It was a great day!!!
A day at the beach
good times making memories
love my family
A perfect beach day
squishing the sand in our toes
the sun is our friend


LOL! I think I could go on and on thinking of haikus!


1 comment:

  1. Such great pictures, and I love your haiku! I think even the kinder kids can do haiku by the end of the year. We were just discussing whether Miss C. had ever been to the beach. Clara was sad not to be with her cousins yesterday, but we are at Lake Tahoe and will be heading to the shore soon.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete