Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Gift from God

This beautiful girl had her Confirmation retreat this weekend! It was everything she could have hoped for! (This has made her mommy and daddy very happy and proud!) A Confirmation retreat is a big deal and can be life changing for some kids. They left on Friday and returned today. We met them at the church and it was WOW! Before the kids arrived they had an opportunity to write us a letter this weekend and she wrote one to me and to her daddy! I started crying before I even read it! The words she wrote I will cherish forever! My husband cried too! (Which made me cry even more!) He had no idea how intense her weekend would be. She is an awesome girl as it is. She is not only beautiful on the outside, she is beautiful on the inside too. She loves to go to church, and serves already in many ways. She can't wait to be a group leader next year and help others experience the same thing. I had to decorate a box for her and she said they went into a room to get their box and she knew it was hers before they had even told her. I filled it with lots of goodies that had meaning to her and with letters from those that love her. She said she had like the most things in her box! LOL! My cousin gave me great ideas and I just followed her footsteps. (She has had 3 kids go through the program.)
A lot of kids spoke and gave their testimonials. A lot of boys got up there and talked. There wasn't a dry eye in the house! Then we had mass. It was so great to see these kids sing and praise God! The Teen Mass rocks the House literally!! After mass they were all hugging each other and singing and dancing. Then it was so WOW because they started to do cheers for Jesus! How aswesome to have 50 teenagers cheering for Jesus and trying to see who could be louder! I love how God works in our lives and I know he will continue to Bless these young people and help them to follow the path He has laid out for them! I am so proud of my baby and I'm so glad that she got to have this amazing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment