
Yesterday was Christmas at our house again because Speedy Cheetah got her big present! We went to see Wicked!!! It was her first time see a "big" play at the Pantages theater her in LA. It was just the two of us and my first time driving to LA by myself at night! To say the least, I was nervous and did research on all the available options. We could have taken the Red Line down there since it is right across the street from the Pantages, but I didn't want to be waiting around for a subway with my beautiful 12 year old daughter.

We decided to drive and I prebought our parking pass to a lot that was right across the street from the theater. This proved to be a really smart move because by buying ahead of time we got premium parking!!!! We arrived about 6:00 and went down to Hollywood and Highland to eat dinner. It was a nice walk, but a little scary. Thank goodness there was a lot of tourist around. We had a nice dinner at CPK and then were able to walk back at a nice pace to enjoy our time together.

We got back at 7:30 on the dot and decided to go in and find our seats. The Pantages is on a small incline and we were in the Orchestra Center, but towards the back on the hill. We were able to see everything very clearly! The above photo is Speedy with the actress that plays
Glinda. We then went to look at souvenirs since it was part of her Christmas present. I told her she could have anything she wanted. It took her a long time to decide. My Speedy is not like most kids, she really takes her time and puts a lot of thought into what she wants. She finally decided on a flying stuffed monkey and a poster. The kind girl at the souvenir stand mentioned to us that maybe we could have it signed after the show. She told us where to go and I had no idea that in her smart little brain, my daughter had already been planning this. LOL!

The above picture is with the actress that plays NesaRose. We settled in our seats and the show began! It was absolutely amazing!! I had seen it before about 4 years ago, but it was as good if not better then I remember!! My Speedy loved it and was just captivated the whole time! She took it all in and I could see her up there someday!

At intermission she made me laugh because she darted to the ladies room and made it there before the mad rush. I stayed behind and bought a Wicked cup for soda. I didn't want to drink the soda, but I did want the cup! It's so cute!! I'm going to take it to work! We found each other again and went back to enjoy the second half. The above picture is with the actor that played Fireyo.

After the play she asked if we could find the stage door and we did. There was only a few people ahead of us. I told Speedy had I known we might come to the stage door then I would have brought a Sharpie. She said not to worry that she had one in her purse!!! I couldn't believe how smart my girl is. She told me that she had secretly hoped that we could get the cast's autographs. I think this is because her Music teacher gave her a special gift of a Playbill signed by the cast of Sister Act from New York. We were able to get all the main characters to sign her Playbill and poster. Everyone was so nice and even took pictures with her. Speedy says it was the best night of her life! I love to see my children so happy! We are already planning to try to see another play sometime this year. The above picture is with the actress that played
Elphaba. When we were done we didn't have to deal with traffic and were able to get on the freeway with no traffic at midnight and we were home in less then 20 minutes!!!! I said a special prayer last night because everything turned out so wonderful and I got to share such a special moment with my baby! Thank you God!
What an awesome night! Love the pictures of her with the cast members!
ReplyDeleteRinda