On my birthday this past year he had emergency surgery on a brain tumor. The doctors said that it was an aggressive tumor and had he not come in because of a headache then they don't know what would have happened. After the surgery he was talking and walking like as if he just didn't have major surgery. He lives kind of far away and I was very sick and couldn't go visit him. My mom saw him two weeks ago and he was doing fine. He had just had a birthday and was going to start treatment for the cancer.
On Monday, the 28th of January he had a stroke and when they did the MRI they found that tumor was back and it was 3x the original size. He did not wake up and he got progressively worse! He died shortly before midnight last night. I wasn't there, but some of my cousins were. I'm sad that I never got to tell him goodbye, but I am so thankful for that month he had to take care of what he needed to. I won't go into detail here, but I think it was a gift from God that he was here on earth for another month.
Joe, I know you are in a much better place and it is us here on Earth that are selfish in wanting you to stay! Say hi to Tata, Grandma, and Your mom for us!You will be missed so much, but know that you live on in the beautiful family you have raised! I love you cousin!



No comments:
Post a Comment