Well today marks the last day of 2013, and it has been quiet a year and for our little family it has been an outstanding one! We have been so blessed and couldn't ask for more. We are healthy, happy and it is all thanks to God that we have all this. God is good, all the time! That's not to say we haven't had hard times or sad times, but we try to look for the good in all things. As a family we sat down today and discussed our top 10 highlights of 2013. Here they are in no particular order.
1. Speedy Cheetah is Valedictorian!Our baby girl was named Valedictorian of her 8th grade class! She had perfect report cards each semester and was loved by her teachers. She also won numerous awards and we are/were so proud of her. She received a special medal to wear at graduation.
2. Squiggler won an award!
Her preschool class had a graduation/moving up ceremony. She was part of the moving up since she won't start Kindergarten until next year. She received her first academic award for having never missed a homework assignment. We were so surprised and happy for her. She was excited too. The ceremony was great and so glad that she has a great teacher.
3. Weegie passed her AP exams.
Weegie took AP classes her junior year and worked really hard in them. We were so happy when we got the results of her exams! She passed! We were at Disneyland when we found out since everything is sent electronically! Way to go Princess!
4. Weegie is named Captain of her dance team.
Weegie and Squiggler were in their second dance recital for RDA and Cynthia was named Captain for both of her dance squads. Again another proud moment because she loves dance and works hard at it.
5. Squiggler can swim!
This summer Squiggler took swimming lessons and was quickly moved to level 2. She was by far the youngest in her class, but did very well. Each Friday they had a chance to go down the huge water slide, but my baby wasn't scared! She is so daring and fearless!
6. Squiggler is in prekindergarten!
Squiggler is going to class with Miss Irene again and has learned so much. She can count to 39, knows all her letter names and sounds, can write her first name perfectly and almost her last name. She is always asking how to write words and loves to listen to stories.
7. Senior/Freshman
Weegie started her Senior year this Fall and Speedy is a Freshman! They go to the same school and both are having a great year! I can't believe that my oldest princess is almost at of school. I remember her nursery school days like yesterday. She was so cute in Miss Agnes' class and cried a lot! Speedy is taking some serious classes this semester and is doing awesome! Again so proud of our girls!
8. Disneyland Annual Passes/Mouse Wait
This year instead of taking a family vacation, we bought season passes to the Happiest Place on Earth. We have gone about 8-10 times already this year! We are definitely getting our use out of these babies! We love Disney and have been able to enjoy the different seasons of the parks. We plan to go at least 6 more times and hopefully spend the night, go to Goofy's Kitchen and experience so much more of our favorite place.
9. Speedy got a part in the school play!
This is was an exciting event for us! Speedy went for it and she nailed it!She was the only underclassman to make the play, everyone else was an upperclassman. She loved it and had a great role! She even got to sing in the play, which she loves to do! Many of my good friends went to go see her and to those great friends, I am so grateful!
10. Family
My honey and I have been together 20 years.! (Married for almost 18.) He is wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better husband! He said to write about us as one of the top ten, but it's not just about us. It's family! We have three amazing daughters, we are part of an awesome extended family on both sides. We were so happy that all of us were able to get together on my husband's side this Christmas. My honey really loves his brothers and sisters and I know it means a lot to him when they are ALL together! I was very proud that we were able to get members of my family in a book! This is actually the second book that my grandfather is in and the first for my mom and uncle. There is another book coming out soon and I think my grandfather is in that one again and another uncle. My name is also in the book so I guess I am published! LOL!
Honorable Mentions:
My honey said to say that he survived his class last year!
I had the best class ever in my 23 years of teaching!
Weegie learned to cook like a boss!
Speedy went to Chicago and takes voice lessons now too.
Squiggler turned 5 and says her best memory is Disneyland!
Sadness:
Losing my cousin Joe, my uncle Ruben and my friends Elena and Mirna.
Not seeing my cousin Rock Bottom.
My cousin Salena having breast cancer.
All the turmoil at my school, but I know goodness will prevail!
Disneyland closing the Court of Angels to the public. (We did get to take pictures there before it closed.)
Other Happiness:
Our nephew Isaiah joining the Navy.
Our goddaughter joining competive gymnastics.
Our great nephew Jordinson James being born. (First great great grandchild)
Our nephew Henry going away to college.
I'm sure there is so much more to add, but all this wouldn't be possible without our Faith in God! It is through Him we are able to accomplish what we do and for myself, I hope that this year I am able to serve him more. The other day I told someone, "When you see it needs to get done, then it is up to us to do it. Don't wait for others." I hope that I can live up to these words. I've been very busy this past semester, and stressed, but I need to remember that it's not up to me. It's up to God and with Him all things are possible! Happy New Year and may all that you wish for, work for and desire be granted to you!

What a fantastic life-affirming round up!
ReplyDeleteThanks for publishing it and looking forward to a terrific 2014.
Rinda