Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy February!

Well I can't believe it is February already and I have been a bad blogger! Not on purpose, but our lives have been so busy and I end up falling asleep by 8 pm! I had wanted to blog so many time in January because I had stuff to share, but I just never got around to it because there was always something else going on too. (Kids, family, school, class kids, church, ccd) Any how the above picture was actually taken in December right after the Squiggler's first birthday. I love it!! She is such a ham and it totally captured her little personality! A studio came out to take her pictures and they cost a pretty penny! I wasn't able to buy many, but I did get this one and scanned it so I can share it with family and friends. Okay now on to some of the things I wanted to blog about in January!
This is an older picture of my honey and I. Our anniversary was on January 20th and we celebrated 14 years of marriage! Sometimes I think that number is such a small one, but other times I think it's pretty big!!! My honey is such a great guy and I really don't know how her puts up with me half the time!!! We are completely opposite, but you know how they say opposites attract. Well that is us! I couldn't imagine marrying a more wonderful man! He is the perfect one for me! When I was a little girl I always had an aunt that said, "Marry the man that treats you like a princess." I never understood what she meant until I met my husband. She was so right and I often thank her for giving me that advice. She says she wonders what happend to my cousins because she gave all of us that advice, but I was the only one that listenend! LOL! We celebrated pretty low key at home with our girls. I had to teach CCD that day, but when I came home, he had a great meal waiting for us! It was yummy! We didn't exchange gifts this year because of our big purchase the week before! Read on....

This was our big purchase this year!! A new car!! (At least a new car to us!) Our trusted old Ford Explorer started showing it's age and it was time to find something that would not leave us stranded. Our old car was 11 years old and had well over 100, 000 miles on it! It was the best car anyone could have ever asked for and never gave us a day of trouble until this past September. A month after getting the car fixed it started not wanting to start. The mechanics weren't sure what was wrong with it and it was going to cost a lot just to have them check what they "thought" was wrong with it. My honey kept saying that the car had to last until after Christmas and the car listened to him. On December 29th it decide it didn't want to start anymore at all! (or at least it didn't want to start for my husband) He told me it was dead and so I didn't even have the heart to try. When I finally did try a week later, the car started for me and continued to do so up until January 12 when we traded it in. I think it just love me best! Ha!


We looked around on the internet and wanted a comparable car to the Explorer, but really didn't want to spend too much because we are looking at pay cuts this year. (We both are!) We were browsing the Carmax website and saw some things that caught our eye, but everything in our price range had so many miles on it! Later the evening of the 4th I was looking at the website by myself and typed in SUV, under $18000 and hit search. Well I didn't realize that I hit search the United States and up popped up this beautiful Dodge Durango from New Mexico! It had almost everything we wanted in a new car, it was a little less then 2 years old, only had 14, 900 miles on it and cost....$15000. Whoo Hoo! We had to have it transferred here to Burbank and that took a week. When we saw it, we couldn't believe how clean it was! It is very roomy, but only seats 5. That was the only draw back because we would like to take my mom places, but it does fit our family just perfectly. The girls love it and we were even able to upgrade the Squiggler's carseat now that she finally weighs 20 pounds. We couldn't be more pleased with our new car and hope it lasts us like our old trustworthy Explorer did. It doesn't have a lot of bells or whistles, but like I said...it fits us just perfect! Well I better end for now, but I promise to be better this month about blogging and I do have a lot more to write about! Especially my two other beautiful girls!



1 comment:

  1. wow! congratulations on the new car! What a happy accident to search nationwide - glad it worked out. Give everyone a hug for me.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete