Saturday, May 15, 2010

First Holy Communion

Today was my beautiful niece's First Holy Communion! We weren't able to make the ceremony because I had to work, but we were able to join in the festivities afterwards. This is a picture that my brother in law sent to my phone. She looks so pretty! A really cool thing is that she is wearing my sister in law's dress and crown from when she made her First Communion many moons ago!
This is a picture of my brother in law and his little girl! He is my husband's youngest brother and the tallest in the family. The party was really nice! They had lots of good food and yummy cakes! It was the first time we had got to see my sister in law's new house and it is really nice. I think it is just perfect for them! They also have the cutest little dog named Patches! I didn't really take my camera out today. I think I was too tired from working this morning. I am working with the lowest of our Kindergarteners in our school and even though they are sweet kids, they really require a lot of work!

My fabulous sister in law also took this family picture of us before we left. I had wanted to get a family pix taken on Mother's Day , but didn't get too because Speedy Cheetah wasn't in town. I am so glad that we are all looking at the camera! In the past month, Speedy Cheetah has gone camping with Girl Scouts, had a birthday, went to San Francisco with the girl scouts and now this week she is going on a overnight trip with her school. The whole fifth grade class is going to spend the night at Riley's farm, which is like a Colonial reenactment place. She is very excited, but all this has happend in the last 4 weeks. My hubby said we shouldn't have let her go on so many activities, but I think they are very special and I'm glad she is able to have all these experiences. I had never been anywhere until I met my husband!! (And I've still never have been to Vegas!)

This was Squiggler with her new boyfriend, Gabriel. (He is the nephew of my sister in law.) He seemed very smitten with Squiggler and she liked him too, but when he got a little too close to kiss her, she whacked him. I think he will think again before he tries to make a move like that! (Hee Hee Hee) Our little Squiggler really seems to like boys and she is always making a new friend wherever she goes! At the park some little boy got his dad to buy her an ice cream cone! My husband was with her and brought her home and told her...tell momma what happend. She is so funny because she will talk to you like she is carrying on a conversation. She talks soooo much, but today she was kind of shy around all the new people. Today was the first day we put her hair in piggytails. I think she looks so cute! It was a good thing too because it was a rather warm day! I love the sun!! It was a really nice day being surrounded with family! I wish we could do it more often.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for posting Rita. I'm so sorry we missed it and that we weren't able to connect with Speedy Cheetah last weekend. It was so fun to get the picture on my cell phone today! And I love the new look on your blog.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo happy you were able to make the long drive to our home. It was sooo nice to see you. I'm sorry I was not able to visit with you more. I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off! The post and pics of Squiggler and Mr. G is too funny!!!! That story cracks me up!!! I wonder if he is gonna be a ladies man. LOL!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost forgot . . . . Mr G and Squiggler are "cousins" by marriage sooo almost kissing cousins! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete