Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July 2010!

Happy 4th of July to everyone! Today is probably one of my favorite holidays where I have so many happy memories from my childhood! My grandfather lived on a huge dirt lot and everyone would gather at his house for a barbeque and then we would light fireworks until the sun came up practically. I am talking everyone would be there and we kids would take turns lighting our fireworks. It would take FOREVER!!! We had so much fun and started quite a few fires on that dirt lot!!! Also in the town I live in, they use to be able to sell fireworks and my family always worked the booth for the local softball league that we all played for. We use to have so much fun hanging out at the booth and walking to the corner liquor store for treats. Good times, Good times!!!
This year I dressed Squiggler in a patriotic theme just like I did last year. (Her sisters balked at the idea, so I decided to let that go.) I tried to get Squiggler to pose for pictures before she got dirty, but like I said...she is not loving the camera when it is turned on. When it is not on she is all over it, saying cheese! LOL! The little stinker!
This is a picture of my girls and their cousins. Their mom is my sister cousin and so my kids call her tia and her kids call me tia. I was also the matron of honor at my cousins wedding and both of my girls were in it. My husband and I are also the Godparents to her youngest daughter. I love these girls so much and think of them as my own. We took a picture of them last year too and I hope I remember to make this a tradition of all 5 of them. Squiggler really had a lot of fun playing with them and they were so good with her. My Goddaughter got a little jealous, but she still was really good.
We love going to my tio's house to celebrate the 4th because his neighbors put on quiet the show! The local park puts on a fireworks show and so does a church not too far away, but they do not even compare to the show the neighbors put on and we have a perfect view in his backyard. We have no idea who the neighbors are, but they have been doing a great job the last few years!
Earlier I said that fireworks use to be sold in my town, but they are illegal now and so we have to go to Fillmore to buy them. We bought some really good ones this year and had a small private show, but nothing compared to those neighbors! (They give Disneyland competition!) My honey was tired so I told him to let my cousin in law light them. It was funny because at first he said okay and then he got up to "help". I think it was the mischievous boy in him that wanted to light those fireworks. Boys being boys! We had a really good time and all three girls plus daddy went straight to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day! We all went to the local parade and then hung out at our house. We had a BBQ, then went for a nice long walk before setting off fireworks out front - all with Carlos & his family, plus our good friend Molly. Annie put some pix up on facebook, and I'll do the same soon. Love your childhood memories.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete