Friday, July 2, 2010

The Zoo!

On Thursday, we took Squiggler and Speedy Cheetah to the zoo. It was Squiggler's first time and she loved it. She had a great time looking at all the animals and taking all the information she was learning in. We bought a family pass and probably had not been to the LA zoo in 5 years. When Speedy and Weegie were little, we use to go all the time. Now that we have Squiggler we will go a bunch of times again.
She loved the giraffes (biraffes is what her daddy calls them) and she kept yelling at them. It was so funny like she was talking to them. I have no idea what she was saying. When Speedy was little, the giraffes were her most favorite animal. She still likes them too, but Pandas are now her number one favorite.
She also really liked the flamingos. (She called them mingos) I was going to buy her a little stuffed flamingo, but we received a free small stuffed gorilla, so I didn't buy her one this time, only because I didn't want to spoil her too much.
Her third favorite animal was the wallabis. She really liked them and kept calling them wow wows. (dogs) We plan to go back to the zoo at least 3-4 times this summer, because it is really close and we have a family pass. Weegie didn't go with us because she had summer school.
Here is Squiggler holding on to her stuffed gorilla. It is so hard to get good photos of her lately because she won't look at the camera. Well that is all I am going to write for today because it is late and I'm going night night now. More tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. We love the zoo, and that last picture is adorable! Today, Maddie, Carlos & Annie arrived. We took a wonderful walk on the beach and then had a late dinner while everyone settled in. Henry's playing in a baseball tournament, and tomorrow we'll be celebrating a small town 4th of July. Will try to post some pics soon.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete