Yesterday my family celebrated the 40 year anniversary of my favorite aunt and uncle! It was a great party and my whole family came together to honor them for all they have done for us. My aunt and uncle met when they were 12 years old and my aunt says that she was afraid of my uncle because he was a little crazy! LOL! My uncle is my mom's youngest brother and they are the ones that have always welcomed me into their home. They stated yesterday that they have had their ups and downs and they are not perfect, but they also stated that they are each other's best friends and make each other laugh. I think that is so important. I can honestly say that my honey is my best friend too.

Here is a pix of my honey and I. We had a great time at the party and it was wonderful to see so many people from my childhood. My cousins and I danced until the last song was played! My aunt and uncle are avid dancers and NEVER get off the dance floor. It is a family thing! My grandparents would dance the night away at any party and we carry it on!

My oldest daughter wasn't able to go with us even though my aunt and uncle are her godparents. This weekend was her confirmation retreat and I could have gotten her excused, but knew it was important for her to go to and bond with her group. I think she did and connected more with her faith. I love that she loves going to church and pray that she knows who fills her cup.

My Speedy Cheetah was such a big help at the party and was an assistant photographer. She took her camera and kept taking my camera too and taking all kinds of photos. Tomorrow my post is dedicated to my Speedy because it's her birthday! We had a great day together!

Little Miss Squiggler had a great time at the party too! She danced and ran around with her cousins. She saw her "boyfriend" and gave dirty looks to his date all night. It was hilarious! My honey took her home at 10 and she didn't go to sleep until almost midnight! She is such a party animal! Many Blessing to my tio and tia and may they be blessed with many more years of happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment