Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy 12th Birthday!

Today Speedy Cheetah turned 12 years old at 7:07 PM. Where does the time fly? It seems like just yesterday that I remember being in labor with her! We went to church and then out to eat breakfast and I remember feeling funny. (Almost like I was going to have my monthly company) I remembered the feeling from when I delivered my first daughter. At church I told people that I thought I was in labor. She was actually due on the 1st, but didn't want to come out of her cozy spot. This is true today too, she hates to be waked up every morning. Of my 3 girls she was the quickest and easiest labor and delivery. We got to the hospital at 6:30 and she was born 37 minutes later!! Good thing we left to the hospital when we did!

My hubby and I had decided we wanted to give Speedy an extra special gift this year! She has been such an awesome girl, does well in school, has to put up with her sister's quince and helps us tremendously with her little sister. (She has a way with little kids!) We normally don't spend a lot of money on their birthday presents, but felt she called for an exception this year. She really wanted to be surprised with her gift, but I didn't want to buy the wrong thing! She kept telling us that she was getting a chinchilla. (Ha!) I decided to take her down to the Grove just her and I because I wanted her to utimately pick her gift.I picked the grove because I knew they had an Apple store and they had a B & N store. I didn't know whether to get her a Nook or IPod Touch and wanted her to decide after looking at them both. We went down there and walked around for a while. I forgot to take the blindfold, but had her close her eyes while I led her in to B&N and took her to the Nook station. When she opened her eyes she was very excited and I told her my plan. We asked questions and played with the Nook, then we went to the Apple store and did the same thing with the IPod. She decided on the Nook and I kind of knew she would, but wanted to be 100% sure! She loves it and has already bought some stuff to read on it and play with.I also bought her a treat to eat and drink. We walked around some more and then headed home. We ended up taking our girls to Menchies later that night and today on her real birthday she opted to go to Millie's for dinner. She is having a slumber party with her friends this weekend and we will sing to her then and eat cake and ice cream. Here she is already reading away on her Nook. This year has been a big year for her because she has started middle school and has gained so much confidence!! We are so proud of her and love her so much!! She is our baby girl and always will be! She has a heart of gold and is the sweetest girl. She has a funny/wierd sense of humor, loves Glee and considers herself a tomboy! We wouldn't change a thing about this little girl! We love you so much Speedy!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic post - so full of love! Really looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete