Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Other Side of the Fence


Today Sophia Corbridge had a post about her wish list and then challenge to look our lives and find all the good in it. Count your blessings. So I am taking the challenge. I think I have a pretty awesome life! My life is perfect for me, others might find it boring or dull, but I find it absolutely fabulous and know that I am blessed.


Here is my list:


  1. That my girls are strong, healthy and happy. This is my wish always!!

  2. To have a den in my house, or maybe a bigger house with a den for entertaining?

  3. A Toyota Sequoia in gold or white.

  4. To have brothers and sisters that I grew up with and can count on or just talk to on a daily basis.

  5. To be the best mommy, teacher, wife, daughter, friend and cousin I can be.

  6. A bigger closet!

  7. To be able to give away random $20 bills to people that I see working hard and looking like they can use it.

  8. To host a Descendants of Macedonio and Irene Hernandez Family Reunion that would hold all of us and be able to pay for it with my own money.

  9. To be closer to God.

  10. To take my girls on a dream vacation, but I don't know where we would go, but we would go.

Compare to the things I have list:



  1. My girls are strong and healthy! I like to think that they are happy and I pray that I am raising them on the right path so that they know that they are the only ones that can determine their happiness. It's not things, or money or other people. It must come from them.

  2. I have a great house with a big backyard. I love my house and even if I won the Lotto I think I wouldn't move. I would buy the house next door and move my mom into there. Then I would have more room. :)

  3. I have a new car and it might not be the pricey Sequoia, but it is just perfect for my family and I think it's a pretty car too. (Sssh don't tell my honey that I think it's pretty.)

  4. I have a great family with lots of cousins and uncles and aunts. I married a man with 5 brothers and sisters. I am so lucky to be related to the family that I have and I wouldn't trade them for anything. We are very close and there is nothing I know they wouldn't do for me!

  5. This I work on everyday and I pray that I am doing a good job. I like the saying that says that 100 years from now it won't matter what car I drove, or house I lived in, but that I was important in the life of a child. Mine and the 24 that I am entrusted with every year. I have the greatest husband and am thankful that he is so patient with me! I think I 'm a pretty good daughter considering....but I could do better. I like to think that I am a good friend, I try to be there for them when they need me whether it's in person or just on the phone. I don't have a lot of friends, but I do know a lot of people, but my true friends I think I am there for them.

  6. LOL! I want a closet like Carrie in Sex in the City, but that would only be if we ever won the lotto. Oh well it is my wish list!

  7. I have this wish forever... I once saw an old man on the side of the freeway selling candy. He reminded me of my daddy. I was too far from him to give him money. I always wished I would have gotten on the freeway, turn around and off again at his exit. I didn't, but there are other people that I sometimes see that I wish that I could just walk up to and hand them a $20. I do give money when I see people in need, but this is just a crazy wish I have that I could just walk around giving $20 away.

  8. My cousin Art has this same dream! Someday I will make it happen, but I don't know how or when. I do know that I throw HUGE parties at my house so that I can invite all my cousins from my dad's side, but I don't have enough room to invite ALL my cousins from up north too!

  9. This is always a work in progress. I know I am so loved and blessed by God, but I wish I felt worthy and served Him in the way that I should. Like I said this is a work in progress and I know God isn't finished with me yet.

  10. We have gone on some amazing trips and I know we will go on a lot more in our lifetime. Before I met my husband I had never been out of the state, but he has taken me and our girls to so many fabulous places. My favorite has been Hawaii, but I would love to take my girls to somewhere they would really like to go.

I am so blessed and I know this is a wish list, but really like I said I have a great life that is perfect for me! I have 3 great daughters, a wonderful husband, my mom is with me everyday and even though we fight I don't want her anywhere else, I have the best job in the world being a kindergarten teacher, I have a great extended family, we have a beautiful house and live in a great community! We have 2 cars, lots of clothes, lots of shoes, my girls have toys and games, we have a cute dog and we have lots of friends. We love our church and I am now a Eucharistic Minister and teach CCD. My grass is really green on my side of the fence and I don't like to think about what ifs. I know I am where I am suppose to be. Thank you Lord for all that you have given to me.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post Rita! Life really is good, isn't it?
    Rind

    ReplyDelete