Sunday, June 6, 2010

Squiggler is 18 months!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it, but our baby is now 1 1/2! Where does the time go? She is turning into a little girl and has really grown a lot this month! Just yesterday she told us that she had to go potty! I'm off in 2 weeks. Maybe the potty training can begin? She is so smart like her sisters and says so many words. She loves to sing and her favorite song write now is OMG by Usher. When we get to the mall, she claps because she recognizes it! Oh no!!! When we get near our house, she starts saying, "Home! Home!" She eats with a spoon and drinks with a straw. She loves her baby dolls, plays with her toy kitchen and shopping cart. She got on a ride at the fiesta today and loved it too. She says "Hi" to everyone and still really likes boys!! She repeats everything we say and already knows the color pink. (Surprised?!)

Like I have done every month for the last 18 months. I took her to get her pictures taken. Last month she didn't do so well so this month I wasn't sure if we were going to get any. I wanted to do a repeat of her six month last year, so I took her new bikini. We gave her some props to play with and she did great!! I was so proud of her and she really likes to take pictures! I think I have a future model on my hands. LOL!

You can see her six month shots here. I love the bikini pose then and now. I forgot her little white sunglasses so we had to use the ones they had and they wouldn't stay on her face. Oh well! No chupie (pacifier) shots this year.

We really just enjoy this little girl so much!! She brings so much joy into our lives! Everyone tells my husband that she's going to keep him young. LOL! I told him he is going to be the hip teacher because he will know all the latest kid things.

Some things about our Squiggler at 18 months!
  • You weigh 22 pounds and are 32 1/2 inches long.
  • You love fruit and french fries.
  • You know where a lot of body parts are. (eyes, nose, chin, pansa, hair, ears, toes, cheeks)
  • You tell us when you go potty.
  • She loves to go outside and says "Side"
  • She loves to turn in circles and get dizzy.
  • You are very smart and follow directions.
  • You clap when we go to the mall. (LOL!)
  • You love your sisters very much! Especially that fantastic Vanessa (She's right here!)
  • You love to dance to OMG by Usher and sing that song along with some others.
  • You say "Hi" to everyone and still very much like boys. (Especially older ones)
  • You are still nursing and don't seem to have any plans to stop.
  • The doctor called you "Very sophisticated."
  • Everyone always compliments us on how well you behave. (I think though you are getting a little more daring.)
  • You get your books and "read" them.
  • You know how to turn off the tv and constantly turn it off when your sisters are watching it.
  • You like to color and write on paper.
  • You came to school a couple of times and like to sit in the chairs like the kids.
I know there is probably so much that I am forgetting, but I hope you always know how much we love you! You are the best baby and we are so thankful to have you in our lives! You are truly a gift from God and when we say our prayers we always tell him thank you. You are the perfect combination of your sisters and keep grandma on her toes!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rita! Her eyes just sparkle in that last picture! Thanks for posting them; I'll have to show Clara.
    rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still owe Clara pictures!! Should I just send one of each month? What's happening with Clara coming down?

    ReplyDelete