Thursday, May 30, 2013

Valedictorian 2013

This girl, named Speedy Cheetah, walked across the stage at her 8th grade awards night 7 times! She received an award in Science, English, History, Outstanding Citizenship, Presidential Excellence, Principal's High Honor Roll and Valedictorian! She had a perfect report card for all her 6 semesters at Pacoima Middle School! It was so cute to see her have to walk in her heels across the stage and shake everyone's hand. When they announced the criteria for Valedictorian, she whispered to herself that she thought she had all A's in all her report cards and then they called her name! She has had an awesome year in 8th grade! She was an officer (assistant director) in Musical Production, she had a solo in every show and in the big show she had 5 solos, a monologue and danced in all the other numbers. She also won a poetry contest and numerous prizes from various teachers. (Especially Dr. Nurnan) She is such a great girl and we are so proud of her! Many people came up to congratulate her father and I  which was so sweet! I don't take credit for her except that she came out of my womb. She has been a firecracker since she was born and I hope she keeps the momentum going. She has already decided where she wants to go to college and what she will major in. I will do what it takes to make sure her dreams come true! Love you Speedy Cheetah!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! She is an awesome girl, and I'll be interested to hear where she wants to go to college.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete