
Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter, Speedy Cheetah. Today is her 11th birthday and she wanted to celebrate it by going to the Ronald Reagan Presidential library. We left her older sister at home baking the cake and lots of cupcakes for Speedy to take to school tomorrow. We roamed around for about 2 hours and then headed over to Soupplantation her favorite place to eat. We came home and celebrated with cake and ice cream. The only thing on her birthday wish list was books. This girl loves to read!!!

We had a really nice time and all day I kept reminding her that she wasn't born until 7:07 pm. Finally at that time she shouted, "Hey I'm 11 now!" LOL! She is so funny and my most original child. She dances to the beat of her own drummer and she is so creative!!! She remembers extraordinary things and is so amazing to us!! I always tease her and tell her, "Are you sure you are my child?" I know there was no baby mixups because I was actually able to see her be born and she never not once left my sight at the hospital. She was such a quiet baby and was just taking it all in. She use to love to stare at herself in the mirror of our bathroom for long periods of time. She didn't just say words when she started talking she said a sentence! She was my quickest baby arriving in only 37 minutes after I got to the hospital. The nurse told me that is the way they like them!

Speedy Cheetah is a such a go getter and so smart! She loves to sing and is so helpful and good with her baby sister. She has the kindest heart and is always thinking about others! I love her so much and I hope she knows how amazing she is!!! In the above picture she is with her favorite doll, Rosie, who is in dire need of repair, but she won't let anyone touch Rosie.

I love this picture with her little sister! Speedy is also a Girl Scout and leaves this weekend to go with her troop and cross the Golden Gate Bridge for a special bridging ceremony. She is the only girl going without a family member. This makes me feel really guilty, but Squiggler is still nursing and so there is no way I can be away from her for that long and taking her is out of the question. It is also my older daughter's birthday this weekend. I know there birthdays are only a week apart and I couldn't have planned that if I tried!!! We use to have one BIG party for them, but now they like to plan their special days!
To my Speedy Cheetah, I hope you know how special you are! You are both beautiful inside and out and it shines in you everyday. There is not a person that meets you that doesn't fall in love with you. You are a natural leader, but not bossy and that is such an important quality to have. You are kind and good hearted. You always think of other people first. You sing like an Angel and are so creative!!! You want to be a pediatrician and an author. You already have the names of your future daughter's picked out even though I like Pixie the best! You are so smart and receive all A's and your teacher nominated you for a very special honor this year. You are well on your way to the middle school you wanted and I know you will excel there too! You do almost everything with 100% commitment and dedication!!! I love you so much and I hope you never ever forget that!
Love, Mommy
What a great post! When I look at her picture, I feel like I'm looking in the mirror when I was a kid. Hey, can we go to the bridging ceremony? It's not too far from us, you know, and we can definitely keep an eye on her. Think about it and let us know.
ReplyDeleteRinda