Today is the day of Our Lady of Guadalupe and as traditions follows it starts very early in the morning! At around 5:00 AM! (Earlier in some places.) My honey was awakend by the singing coming from down the street as our neighbors celebrated this most holy day. When we arrived at church this morning, it was decorated with soooo many roses in honor of Our Most Holy Mother. As a child, this day was always special because my grandfather's name was Guadalupe and he celebrated it every year. This is not my picture above, but one from a friend. I would love to have an altar like this in my house, but I'm not sure my honey would go for it. Maybe someday? We had a very relaxing day today since we ran around so much yesterday. (I'll try to post that later.) This is going to be a crazy week and then we are on vacation for 3 weeks!! I say bring it on!!! I'm ready! LOL!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

That is a beautiful altar! I'd love it if our Church had a big Our Lady celebration. I often plan to go to one in the City but have never made it yet.
ReplyDeleteRinda