Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Squiggler!

Happy 2nd Birthday to our littlest princess!!! I can't believe that it has been 2 whole years that she has blessed our lives!! I feel so lucky to be her mommy and try to cherish all that she brings to our lives! Right now she is bringing sooooo much energy and I am loving it!! (Tired, but loving it.) I took the day off today to spend it with her and what a busy day it was! We started off the morning by taking Speedy Cheetah to school then we came home and got ready for her doctor's appointment. We got to the doctor's office at 10am and checked in. We had to wait in the waiting room for an hour!!! By this time I was a little upset and let the receptionist know that I have never had to wait in the waiting room for an hour ever!!! She said, "Well it's Dr. So and So and you know how he is." Well I have been seeing Dr. So and So for 14 1/2 years and have never once waited in the waiting room for an hour. I have had to wait in the waiting room, and examing room up to an hour total before to see him, but that is different. Needless to say we were seen very quickly afterwards and were out of there no later then 20 minutes later. Hmmm?

The Squiggler is 34 1/4 inches long and weighs 24.8 pounds. The weight might be off a little because she would not get on the scale so the Doctor got on the scale and then got on the scale again subtracting his weight to get her weight. She is doing very well and talked up quite the storm for him. They gave her a book and she fell in love with the nurse that gave it to her. She was so happy. Her next visit isn't until she is 3.

Afterwards, we went to JCPenneys to have her portraits taken and that was another long wait! I was not happy about that one either and will be talking to the District manager regarding how to train her new employees. The young photographer did redeem himself in the sense that he took a lot of time with my energetic toddler and did get some great shots. This will be the last month I take her to JCPenneys until maybe Easter and then I will do just 1/2 year shots and Birthday shots. The quality of my favorite studio has gone down and I don't see it getting any better because the manager is going to go on maternity leave with her first child and all my other favorite photographers have left. I think you can see the pictures here, but they do not let you download the thumbnails anymore. So sad, but I will scan them when they come in.

There is so much I could add about our adventureous day, but I think I will leave that for another time because I kind of have a picture to go with that. Afterwards, we went to go see Santa and had 10 full minutes of Santa all to ourselves!!! The photographer was busy and so Squiggler just went right up to him and sat on his lap. He talked to her and told her he would bring her a big dolly like she asked for. He sang Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer to her and read her the Night Before Christmas. I couldn't believe it and was soooo happy that she was not afraid of him. I had planned to take her to Toys R Us to pick a present, but we ran out of time. That evening when we went to the market she saw a little doll with a pacifier and started playing with it. It only costed $5, and so I bought it for her. She said her name is Teena.
The Squiggler is sooo energetic right now and talking in little sentences. I love her sweet voice! She says things like: Where's sister? Cake me mommy. I no like it. and so many more that I need to copy down. She repeats everything and really likes to watch her fav movies including Whip It now. (Long story how that came to be.) She loves french fries and chicken nuggets, but is still a good overall eater. She eats when she's hungry. She learned how to climb in and out of her crib thanks to her dad. She loves to jump on everything!!!! She can skip and hop and runs fast! She falls and gets a lot of brusises by crashing into the wall! She loves her family and likes to hug you and say "I love you so much!" She is just a ball of energy!! She really still likes boys and tries to hold little boys hands. (We have to watch her!) All the above pictures were taken today, but I didn't get a home photo shoot with her cute little birthday outfits. I will try that tomorrow. Squiggler we love you so much too! I hope you had a great day because even with all the craziness of the day I know I did just spending it with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment