Saturday, December 4, 2010

These Boots were Made for Partying!

Yesterday we celebrated Squiggler's 2nd birthday! We had a small party at our house and prayed really hard for no rain! Well Praise God! Our prayers were answered and we had a very nice day to celebrate our little one's birthday. Her party was much smaller then last years, but very special people her life were able to attend and we are happy that we were able to give her a party. She still doesn't quite get the whole birthday concept yet and didn't really want to open her presents. This year she did love her cake though!!!! Last year she didn't want anything to do with her cake! LOL! She kept poking at it and getting little samples for herself.
We went with a Cowgirl theme because she LOVES her pink cowgirl boots. When were in Arizona over the summer I had wanted to buy her some, but they were very exspensive and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that I didn't think she was going to wear a lot. When we got home I looked on Ebay and found these boots for $5! She wears them every chance she gets! Since then I have gotten her a couple of other boots for really good prices too. Anyhow we went with the Cowgirl theme and had the hardest time trying to find things for her goody bags and just decorations in general. I got some cute things off Etsy and was able to make some of her items to decorate.

Here she is with my two nieces that just adore her. I think because she is littler then them and they can love on her like a little doll.! We kept it simple and had chip, dip and nachos for appetizers. For lunch we served hamburger, hot dogs and Brats, and homemade macaroni salad. For dessert we had cake and ice cream and the cake was devoured. We get our cakes from my mom's friend and they are so yummy!!! People always come back for seconds and thirds! I had originally planned to get a pony for her party, but then that got all messed up so we just had all her toys out and a bubble machine. The kids (even the big kids) liked playing with her little car, slide and an old bike we had and the bubble machine was a big hit too! The party was over by 5pm because it get's so cold and dark quickly. She didn't take a real nap because she didn't want to miss her own party so she was a little tired and crabby. For the people that stayed we moved the party indoors so she could open her presents. She didn't really care about them too much. She did get really excited when she opened some pajamas that had the princess' on them and she wore them to bed last night. She got a lot of clothes, a baby doll and Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head.
Here she is with her favorite person in the WHOLE world!!! She calls him her boyfriend and constantly walks around the house pretending to call him and say she is going to kiss him. I wanted to make sure I got there picture together and she was playing hard to get!

Since I was busy running around I left it up to Speedy Cheetah to get some pixs, but the above is my most favorite. I love her smile!! She gives me such a hard time taking her picture latley. I hope it's just a faze that she grows out of soon! Squiggler we love you so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad it was a success! And that last picture is priceless. Clara kept saying on Saturday, "we could be at Cristina's party right now." It kills her that we live so far away. She even said, "You know, if we never go to their parties, they're going to stop inviting us, and it will be your fault!"
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete